Gear up for inter-hostel tech action and rivalry! The Tech GCs are here!
Announcing the first Tech GC of the year - 'Electric Jhatka'
Classified as a 'Low Preparation' GC, this event is an on-the-spot competition.
Date: 30th August, 2011, Tuesday
Time: 9:00 PM - Midnight
1 team is allowed per hostel. There is no restriction on the team size.
However the number of components available for circuit design for each hostel will be limited.
The hostels are expected to solve the given circuit challenge.
They may also have to wire up the circuit on breadboard and demo the working circuit, or simulate it using some simulation software.
No more details about the event will be divulged.
- Please bring atleast 1 laptop per team with the following softwares installed: LTSpice and Eagle
- Please bring a pen
- There is no restriction on team size. However team at the start of the competition is the final team.
- New members may not join the team later. Old members may leave.
- If you leave the lab you may not rejoin your team later!
- To accomodate for the Elec Sophies we will start the competition 15 min late. Coming early will get you a better place. Closer to the many components you will need in the competition.
- Use of internet/cell phones is NOT allowed. It may lead to disqualification at the sole discretion of the organizing team.
- Additional rules may be declared on the spot prior to the competition.
Teams will be ranked according to the following equation: Score/(Size of Team)^0.5
Note: In case of any disputes / discrepancies, the organizers' decision will be final and binding. Change in rules, if any will be highlighted on this page. In case of any queries, contact the undersigned.
Thanks and regards,